AQRD is and always will be an ever-evolving entrepreneurial aerospace firm. We hire people with a specific set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of aerospace’s greatest challenges and make an impact on our industry.
We need our team to be versatile and always eager to tackle new problems as we continue to change the way our industry does business.
At AQRD every day is a new challenge, and you continually look for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our entire team, evangelize best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in whenever you can. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support AQRD’s business objectives and growth.
You are versatile, driven, creative, intellectually curious, and a strong communicator. As a team member, you will handle the primary core functions at AQRD. At AQRD you will continually learn and develop your skills while being challenged everyday. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to work with bright co-workers on new projects everyday.
AQRD is a place where drive, creativity and execution are valued and no day is ever boring!
o Perform accurate analysis of damage to sheetmetal, composite and bonded parts to determine scope of work required, materials required and skill set required in order to accomplish proper repair.
o Perform bonding of composite materials/components to fabricate parts for repair applications.
o Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, manuals, planning documents and engineering drawings.
o Lay out, pre-fit, assemble and perform lay-up on a variety of metal to metal and composite bonded assemblies.
o Fabricate composite and metal parts into subassemblies for the purpose of pre-fitting in preparation for bonding or curing.
o Determine equipment requirements and method of operation in fabrication of parts using materials such as fiberglass, plastic, boron, flock, epoxy resins, rubber and similar materials.
o Lay-out, fabricate, and build adhesive bonded assemblies of metallic and non-metallic composite materials.
o Metallic repairs required of all types
o Doubler repairs
o Metallic bending and forming
o Fastener installation to include riveting as needed
o Damage removal and inspections as needed
o Recommend and implement measures to improve worker motivation, performance, work methods, and customer services.
o Both Metallic and Composite Repairs and Alterations are part of the daily job duties.
o Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
o Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Work Experience 4+ Years in Corporate aircraft only
Part 135 and/or Part 121 experience, a plus
Structural Repair Experience, is required
Technical and Part 145 FAA Compliance Understanding, a plus
FAA Mechanic’s Certificate with minimum of Airframe rating, a plus
Lead or Supervisory experience required
• The successful candidate will have exceptional communication skills, teamwork ability, and a drive/passion for the Aerospace industry.
• Able to work as a team member, highly organized, work well under pressure and handle multiple priorities. Must possess interpersonal and communication skills to interact with other people inside and outside the company.
• Must be self-motivated, conscientious and have the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a high timeline pressure environment. AQRD is a dynamic growing work environment and candidate must be able to adapt and find solutions to challenges day to day.
• Sound judgment, completeness and accuracy are expected. Exercises some latitude in determining activities and approaches to completing assignments.
• Flexibility to work changing shifts including on-call / AOG coverage to include nights and weekends, on an as-needed and/or short notice basis.
Position Tye: Full Time Non-Exempt
Pay Range: $25.00-$29.00 per hour
Relocation to Dallas, TX Available!
4600 Claire Chennault
Addison, TX 75001